Christmas at Home begins with the tree and the fireplace… so Chesney’s has decorated one of its gorgeous fireplaces for this happy season.
The feel-good factor of a real fire can’t be underestimated, particularly during the short days of winter, whether watching a movie or relaxing with friends.
The magnificent Limoges chimney-piece in our picture is part of Chesney’s En Trumeau Collection:
With an impressive over mantel, this stone fireplace is eminently majestic, yet retains an exquisite elegance thanks to its fine, hand-carved detail and its graceful central cavetto.
This style was widely used in both France and England during the 18th century and is the French equivalent of the English “continued” chimney-piece, where the decorative panel sits on top of the mantelpiece. Dimensions to order.
Priced at £6785 Inc VAT.
A beautiful fireplace really comes into its own as the focal point of a room at Christmas and throughout the year; like a tree, it welcomes decoration and adornment!
Here are Chesney’s top tips for decorating your mantle for Christmas:
- 1. The key to decorating your mantel is to complement the fireplace with your decorations rather than dominate it.
- 2. It is essential that the mirror above is in harmony with the fireplace, both in terms of size and style.
- 3. A French design, such as The Limoges, is best suited to bright colours and materials such as roses, silver baubles and crystal candle sticks, with arranged greenery positioned centrally on the mantel.
- 4. Surrounds in much darker material, such as Chesney’s Wessex Colection in St. Augustine marble, can carry far richer decorations; red and gold are the key colours, which can be translated via red roses and gold accessories.
- 5. Take into account the function and furnishings in the room, to ensure that its formality or otherwise is matched in the decorations.
Visit the Chesney’s website for more inspiration.
Tel: (020) 7627 1410