Finding an appropriate ground covering for an outdoor location, for either domestic or commercial settings can be difficult.
However, Tact Enviro Ltd who specialise in innovative retro-fit flooring offer an attractive range of solutions.
The company’s TactTile interlocking floor tiles offer a perfect surface for many outdoor flooring applications, such as garages, patios, balconies, swimming pool surrounds as well as play areas and sports courts, such as tennis and multi-use games areas.
Featured here are the versatile Piazza Interlocking Floor Tiles, which are popular for balconies and ideal for felt flat roofs and roofing membranes:
- They are very robust free draining, anti-slip and easy to fit. Priced from £4.86 each (7 tiles per sq metre ).
- Ceramic tiles are aesthetically pleasing at first, but after a few years of use, you will experience mould growth in the grouting and they are particularly susceptible to frost damage.
- Polypropylene TactTile floor systems offer a durable cost effective safe surface, which simply locks together, without any need for adhesives; you can just lay, click and walk!
- Not only are they slip resistant, they are also UV stable, ensuring the floor looks as new, after many years of use and can be recycled at the end of their lifetime.
- Each tile measures 378mm x 378mm; interlocking lugs on two sides connect the tiles together using a mallet; they can also be taken apart without difficulty, using an individual tile lifter, or a multi zip tool to undo larger areas.
All of the TactTiles can be cut to fit, using a Jigsaw or handsaw and fitted flush, or finished with a bevelled edge and corner tiles for increased tread safety.
Many TactTiles feature an exclusive free draining perforated top, to allow air to circulate through the surface to prevent puddles forming, thus minimising any danger of slipping.
Maintenance is negligible; TactTiles can easily be swept, washed and scrubbed using normal floor cleaners and rinsed with clean water; for any stubborn marking, simply apply household bleach (following the manufacturers’ instructions) and leave for a few minutes, then rinse well.
TactTiles come in a variety of styles and colours, to allow for consumers bespoke designs. Popular ranges include Piazza, Metro and Briq, which are available in a number of natural complimentary colours.
To view the extensive ranges of Tact Enviro’s TactTile flooring products, please visit the website.
Tel: (01458) 253395