The Orrefors by Karl Lagerfeld collection – his first ever line of crystal, designed for the Swedish glass designer, will launch exclusively in Harrods on 15 September 2011, followed by Selfridges as well as independent retailers on 15 October 2011.
Knowing the artistic excellence of Orrefors to be comparable with the world of high fashion, Karl Lagerfeld designed a collection in his own image:
- Clean-lined, subtle and functional. The first members of the Lagerfeld crystal family are champagne flutes and coupes and wine, water and liqueur glasses.
- Transparent, black or milky white, sometimes engraved with the KL monogram, the series typifies the Karl Lagerfeld ethos of ultra-strict lines.
- And in the spirit of the designerâ€™s well-known practicality, the series also includes monogrammed coasters, to prevent any trace of an errant drop on an immaculate tablecloth.
- Based on the same principle, the collection also features a large round bowl, a rectangular vase and a cylindrical vase, each poised on four crystal globes on transparent platforms.
- With its simple colour scale, its purity of lines and shapes, the flow of the material and the refinement of the details, each crystal contour of the Karl Lagerfeld series reflects timeless elegance.
The Karl Lagerfeld collection of Orrefors crystal will also be available in gift boxes containing pairs of monogrammed champagne flutes and separately sold boxes of engraved coasters to place under them.Prices for the Orrefors by Karl Lagerfeld collection range from Â£65 to Â£1,000.
The Orrefors glassworks has been a Swedish institution for over a century, carrying on the age-old tradition of hand-blown glass shaped by master artisans.
With its exquisite engravings, streamlined forms and colours ranging from delicate to rich, the Orrefors brand is one of the great symbols of Swedish design and luxury. It is a world-wide brand, gracing the finest tables such as the Swedish Royal Palace.
To View the exquisite Orrefors by Karl Lagerfeld collection, please visit the website.