The stylish dressing table was first fashioned in France during the 18 th Century.
It began as a small table including drawers and was called the ‘toilette’, since at the time ladies wrapped their toiletries in a bit of cloth (called the ‘toilette’), before placing them in one of the drawers.
All through the centuries dressing tables have definitely become more ornate and fashionable in design.
Newtons, the French- motivated furniture company, present a striking range of dressing tables that are certain to make a genuine statement in the bedroom including:
The stunning Louis D’Argent Dressing Table & Stool. (Featured here)
- Height 153 Depth 220 Width 106 cm. A brand new unique design.
- Hand carved in mahogany and completed in silver leaf.
- Cabriole type legs.
- The stool is upholstered in black velvet, with crystal handles on the drawer fronts. Priced at £649.
The Josephine Dressing Table in Parisienne Cream
- Height 145 Depth 60 Width 105 cm.
- Handcrafted and carved in mahogany.
- Classic style straight legs having carved detail.
- Around the mirror frame, there is a gorgeous carved bowl of roses.
- There is also a long drawer under the table and four small drawers on the table top, on either side of the mirror.
- Available in Boudoir Black, French White, Parisienne Cream, Silver and Gold Leaf. Priced at £469.
And many more………
Newtons’ traditional collection of dressing tables afford the ideal space for great pampering time and feature fine curved lines, crystal drawer handles, lovely shaped mirrors and beautiful attention to detail.
Visit the website for more information and to see Newtons’ chic collection of French inspired dressing tables.
Telephone for Stockists: (01626) 333 006