Channel 4 presenter and architect George Clarke has joined Fun on the Floor’s panel of experts to help people make the most of carpet. George, who presents Channel 4’s The Restoration Man and The Home Show, has joined the panel as Design Expert.
Fun on the Floor has been working with George and trend forecaster Victoria Redshaw, to identify the key interior trends for the next year. From the decadent drama of ‘Ballet Russe’ to the poptastic Miami-inspired mayhem of ‘Feelgood Factor’, everyone can find a look they love and be inspired to experiment with colour, pattern and texture at home.
George Clarke, Fun on the Floor’s Design Expert, says: “I’m really excited about joining Fun on the Floor. I’m passionate about helping people turn their home into a place, which meets their family’s needs and is somewhere they love spending time.
“I’m a big fan of carpet and I don’t believe we all make the most of carpet. Carpet is warm, easy to care for and hygienic. It absorbs sound and keeps the heat in. And there is a huge variety of textures, colours and styles that can completely transform a room.
“Instead of thinking about your flooring and then the décor, consider the floor as part of the décor. A bold coloured, striped, patterned or beautifully textured carpet can be an integral part of a room’s scheme and can dramatically change the way the room looks.”
- Visitors to Fun on the Floor’s website can ask the Expert Panel any questions about carpet and receive a personal reply.
- There’s also a downloadable voucher for VIP service at a Fun on the Floor retailer.
- With interior design ideas and practical advice on everything from planning and fitting, there’s a wealth of style inspiration for using carpet.
- A new carpet can be delivered and your home transformed, in as little time as 5-7 days from time of purchase.
- All of the retailers on www.funonthefloor.com offer a free measuring service and will fit in around your schedule. Not only that but carpet can be fitted a lot quicker than the time it takes to re-paint a room, with an average sized room completed in under 2 hours.
About Fun on the Floor.
In 2008 a collective of carpet manufacturers, distributors and retailers joined forces to create a major generic marketing campaign under the banner of ‘Fun on the Floor’. The campaign aims to get the nation embracing the attributes of carpet.
The website is an interactive resource for anyone interested in learning more about the transformation that carpet can bring to a room – whether home owners, home improvers, retailers or media – with further details about the campaign, informative top tips and style advice from the expert panel.
Why not visit this innovative and inspiring website for more information on all aspects of carpet products and design?