Swedish interior designer Mikael Berryman has worked for IKEA since 1998, completing stints in Sweden, New York, China and Russia.
He is now IKEA UK & Irelandâ€™s interior design expert. This season IKEA is launching three new stylish and on-trend kitchen ranges.
Here he gives us his insider tips as to the kitchen trends for Autumn/Winter:
- â€œIf you want to vary the style in your kitchen and use colour combinations to create a contrast, then the new RUBRIK turquoise glass accent doors and drawer fronts are the perfect addition to inject exciting colour and materials into the room.
- Combine them in any way you like – itâ€™s a simple way to create a kitchen with originality that expresses your personality. Turquoise is a colour that most people respond to positively.
Itâ€™s universally flattering and appeals to both men and women.â€
- Featured here is the RAMSJÃ– white with FAKTUM frame-kitchen.
Priced at: Â£3575.00.
- â€œLight pink is a shade not often used in kitchen design. But the cool tones of the new APPLAD pink doors and drawer fronts make for a very subtle use of a colour.
- It goes well with high-gloss or matt white finishes, such as the ABSTRAKT high-gloss white kitchen range, but also well with darker tones because the classic nature of the colour.
The colour can be seen coming through in everything from fashion to interiors this season, so why not impress your friends with this on-trend style.â€
- â€œFinally, in our more traditional style group, we see the launch of the RAMSJO range, available in white and black finishes. Having listened to our customersâ€™ feedback, we developed a traditional looking Swedish kitchen, which was also suited to UK and Irish customers. On the traditional front, itâ€™s a breath of fresh air because itâ€™s simple and
classic without being fussy.â€
Donâ€™t forget â€“ IKEA kitchens are easy to update by simply replacing doors and drawer fronts.
With the RUBRIK and APPLAD ranges, you can think about changing the style of your kitchen , without replacing the whole thing and having to spend a fortune.
To view the new stylish kitchen ranges visit the Ikea website.