Things are getting decidedly more techie in the kitchen, since AGA launched the AGA iTotal Control cooker.
Owners will be able to control this ground-breaking new range cooker wherever they are, by using their mobile phone, smart-phone, PC, laptop, iPad or tablet.
The AGA iTotal Control cooker has three ovens, (roasting, baking and simmering) that can be remotely operated, to make sure the cooker is working and supper will be cooked at exactly the time you need it – wherever you are in the world.
Basically, you can sync your AGA at the touch of a button!
Owners who don’t have a smartphone, tablet or laptop, can still control their AGA iTotal Control cooker – simply by sending a text message to the AGA.
The AGA can also be controlled via the Internet, so even if you have no phone signal you can use a wireless network to ensure the cooker takes your commands.
Using your AGA iTotal Control by text.
- Each AGA iTotal Control has a dedicated SIM card linked to a unique phone number.
- Once your cooker is installed, you should save this number into your phone.
- When you wish to operate it remotely, simply send by SMS text message one of the following commands:
- Roasting oven on; Baking oven on; Simmering oven on; All ovens on; All zones off.
- Once the text has been sent you will receive a confirmation saying, for example, ‘roasting oven on – activated’.
AGA is using Orange technology to run the communications element of iTotal Control.
Marc Overton, VP of Wholesale and M2M for Orange, said: “We are very proud to be working with such an iconic British brand and starting a conversation between people and their ovens all over the world.”
AGA iTotal Control will be available from June 1st and costs £10,090.
For further information on the innovative AGA iTotal Control cooker, please visit the website.
Tel (0845) 712 5207.