The winter weather will soon be upon us and to ensure we have a cosy home, we need to insulate against the cold and reduce drafts.
Windows are known to leak energy and it has been calculated that approximately 25% – 75% of heat is lost in this way.
Apollo’s prize-winning Duette blinds are known to cut heat loss from windows by up to 46%, giving an economy of up to 10% of the heating energy consumed, which can amount to more than £60 a year.
- To maximise insulation, Duette blinds should be fitted with an individual in-frame that holds the blinds securely in the window, eradicating drafts and the need for cords.
- It is also a good idea to let down the blind every night, but allow the sunlight in during the day to provide maximum daylight.
- The Duette blinds are offered in Duotone (coloured plus white backing), blackout options, or semi-transparent and obscure variations, in a choice of trend colours with a pleated appearance.
- A further key benefit of installing custom-made blinds, is that they are exceptionally versatile. Perfect for big windows, conservatories and abnormal shaped frames and they can be fitted to any type of window, doors and skylights.
- A 400x600mm bespoke Duette blind is priced from £75.
As heating bills continue to increase, fitting Duette blinds could save owners lots of money over the years and eventually pay for themselves again and again. They are very attractive too!
For more information and to view Apollo’s extensive blind and shutter collections, please visit the website.
Tel: (0800) 019 3466