As the cost of heating continues to rise, itâ€™s vital to ensure your curtains are able to help retain the heat, so that your home is kept cosy and warm this winter.
Curtains are not only needed for privacy and matching your furnishings, but also as a realistic way to assist in insulating your home.
- So closing your curtains when the sun goes down will help to conserve the heat indoors.
- To make the room appear cosy and warm, furnish your room with a makeover for winter â€“ by selecting heavier weight thick curtains, with an intense textured feel in shades of autumn, such as warm terracotta, berry reds, or luxurious aubergine.
- Having your curtains interlined or thermal lined, will give extra benefit and a luxurious look.
- Where there are radiators under windows, a Roman blind is an ideal solution for retaining the heat when set inside the window alcove.
- For a really grand look, try combining a blind with ornamental curtains to provide a comfortable layered feel whilst imparting extra insulation.
The Montgomery ranges are sold through over a thousand retail outlets including House of Fraser, Debenhams, other retailers, interior designers and online.
Montgomery is based in Chester and is one of the leading soft furnishing brands in the UK, specializing in made to measure curtains, Roman & roller blinds and soft furnishing accessories, such as pelmets, cushions and tie-backs, and, in a wide range of traditional and modern styles.
For further information and to see the entire Montgomery curtain and blind collections, visit the website.
Tel: Â (0808) 202 6213