Currently receiving lots of news coverage – Micro-generation is important with regard to carbon reduction.
As the manufacturer of Baxi Ecogen, the maker of the only Dual Energy Boiler available, the company understands that itâ€™s essential to know how to claim the Feed-in Tariff (FiT), to enable you to benefit from the payback as soon as your appliance is installed.
The Feed-in Tariff or FiT is a fixed payment for the electricity you generate in your home, whether you use it yourself or export it into the national electricity grid.
For Baxi Ecogen Dual Energy System the Generation tariff is 10p per kWh.
Export tariff – an additional payment for each kWh you export back to the national grid. For Baxi Ecogen this is 3p per kWh and is index linked.
How to get FiT
Baxi has put together a simple step by step guide to claiming the Feed-in Tariff for the Baxi Ecogen Dual Energy System:
- Step 1 Check the installer is MCS certified. MCS stands for Microgeneration Certification Scheme. You can find an MCS certified installer on the Baxi website, http://installers.baxi.co.uk/.
- Step 2 Check that the product is MCS certified. Baxi Ecogen Dual Energy System is MCS certified, making it eligible for the Feed-in Tariff.
- Step 3 Obtain the MCS certificate from the installer. It needs to be presented to your chosen FiT supplier, so that they can complete the registration process.
- Step 4 Choose your Feed-in Tariff supplier – you can apply for FiT from your chosen electricity provider. You can either contact your existing provider to discuss the process for claiming FiT, or visit http://www.baxi.co.uk/products/suppliers-who-offer-feed-in-tariff.htm, for details of other providers.
- You will also need an approved generator meter, which should have been fitted by the installer when your Baxi Ecogen was installed.
Once your electricity provider has processed your application, you will start to receive FiT payments. These will be paid quarterly in arrears and will appear on your electricity bill, and will also include credit for any electricity you have exported.
What is Baxi Ecogen dual energy system?
Baxi Ecogen dual energy system provides efficient gas central heating and hot water and also generates electricity for use in the home.
For more information on Feed-in Tariffs or the Baxi Ecogen dual energy system, please visit the website.
Tel: (0844) 871 1525.