Christmas at Home begins with the tree and the fireplace… so Chesney’s has decorated this gorgeous fireplace from its brand new collection for this happy season.
A beautiful fireplace really comes into its own as the focal point of a room at Christmas and throughout the year; like a tree, it welcomes decoration and adornment!
The feel-good factor of a real fire can’t be underestimated, particularly during the short days of winter, whether watching a movie or relaxing with friends.
The Navarre fireplace featured is a new addition to the Chesney’s French collection; carved in statuary marble in the rococo style. Priced at £2275+VAT.
Shown here with forged steel fire-dogs (£375 + VAT) and forged steel fire basket (£350 + VAT).
Here are Chesney’s 5 key tips for decorating your mantle for Christmas:
- 1. The key to decorating your mantel is to complement the fireplace with your decorations rather than dominate it.
2. It is essential that the mirror above is in harmony with the fireplace both in terms of size and style.
3. A French design, such as The Navarre, is best suited to bright colours and materials such as roses, silver baubles and crystal candle sticks with arranged greenery positioned centrally on the mantel.
4. Surrounds in much darker material, such as Chesney’s Wessex Colection in St. Augustine marble, can carry far richer decorations. Red and gold are the key colours, which can be translated via red roses and gold accessories.
5. Take into account the function and furnishings in the room, to ensure that its formality or otherwise is matched in the decorations.
Tel: (020) 7627 1410