Dremel’s latest addition to its excellent range of Versatile Tool Systems is the DSM20.
This definitive compact saw, boasts a powerful 710 watt motor and achieves cuts up to 20mm deep in DIY materials such as wood, plastic, metal and tile.
The Dremel DSM20 kit includes excellent line of sight and abrasive cutting wheels, for producing precise cuts, which will help to make short work of any DIY, maintenance or repair job.
- Â It’s ideal for home DIY, such as, flooring, tiling and plumbing, installing cabinets, kitchen and bathroom installation â€“ or fitting new stairs.
- The Dremel DSM20 makes a brilliantly clean cut compared with toothed wheels, thanks to its abrasive wheel technology.
- It requires no lower guard mechanism – according to EN norms, this is required by all tools fitted with tooth-bladed wheels, but not when using abrasive wheels.
The Dremel DSM20 is a very versatile tool, capable of performing precise straight cuts, flush cuts close to the surface and plunge cuts with no kickback. In particular, its plunge cutting ability is amazing, as with the lack of teeth on the blades, it effortlessly plunge cuts into different materials from wood to masonry:
- It is easy to operate using just one hand for most cuts and its abrasive wheels allow for both push and pull action, whichever is more convenient. Also accessories are extremely easy to change using the shaft lock button.
- The 710W ‘worm gear’ driven motor runs at 17,000 RPM, to ensure there is sufficient power for any task the DSM20 is required to perform, including tough applications.
- It also has a depth guide adjustment, making it possible to cut through most materials up to 20mm.
The Dremel DSM20 comes with a range of accessories and attachments supplied as standard in the tool-kit.
The kit also comes with a welcome DVD and a strong, roomy storage case.
The Dremel DSM20 will be available at B&Q priced Â£119.98.
For further information and to see the range of Dremel compact tool systems, please visit the website.