During the Tang dynasty Chinese scholars and artists painted beautiful creations onto silk and then stretched their work over a screen. This practice later developed into making wallpaper.
Shimu has brought this superb product to the UK from a leading supplier in China, at a more affordable price.
In addition to wallpaper and screens, Shimu have now introduced a beautiful range of hand painted silk wall hangings, which are ideal for adding a touch of oriental style to any room, without having to paper an entire wall.
- The detail in the paintings, depicting flowers, birds and butterflies, is exquisite.
- Four standard designs are available: Priced at Â£495 (un-framed) or Â£645 (framed).
- However, as each panel is individually painted by hand, Shimu offer bespoke sizes, colours and designs, as with their hand painted silk wallpaper and screens.
- Shimu provide a range of silk colours to choose from as a background, from subtle greens, creams and yellows, to more dramatic reds and blacks, or for a truly luxurious finish, silks brushed with gold or silver are available.
- Popular choices include bamboo, birds, butterflies and flowers such as pretty cherry blossom and roses.
Each magnificent creation is made to order using a design, size and colour scheme as agreed with the customer. Silk Wallpaper is priced from Â£340 sq. m. for work that is as unique as it is beautiful.
Featured here is the Framed Silk Panel â€œFlowersâ€.
These gorgeous wall panels are hand painted onto silk, following exactly the same process as the silk wallpaper and look beautiful hung above one of Shimuâ€™s antique or reproduction sideboards.
For further information on Shimuâ€™s hand painted silk wallpaper and wall hangings, please visit the website.
Tel: (0844) 4128008